The Winter Sounds are going on tour with Quiet Company from Austin, TX. Find out all about them here: http://www.quietcompanymusic.com/ and check out facebook.com/thewintersounds or twitter.com/thewintersounds for up to date info!
The 80’s PROM photos are up - click on the pic to be directed to a site where you can view the gallery and download pics!
Hey everyone, Merry Christmas! We love making music and Christmas gives us a chance to mix it up a little bit. Hope you enjoy! I’ve written more about the songs below but in general most of these were written for the annual XO Publicity Comp we’ve been a part of the past 5 years! Also the photo was probably taken by Heidi Martin and features Heidi and Joe’s dog Pogo looking very sad in Christmas socks and possibly a NKOTB tee. The santa hat is digital GO PHOTOSHOP
1. McAdenville - McAdenville is a sleepy little town outside of Charlotte, NC that goes crazy for Christmas. They call themselves Christmas Town! The town is decked head to toe in Christmas lights and is a sight to behold. I have many special memories of trips taken there in the ol’ grocery getter to see the lights. Its the first song recorded with Paul McKenna at the helm and features the Nashville crew (Renee Izzi, Ellen Angelico, Joe Reilly)! Also, the electronic drums were provided by Michael Barksdale of Greenville bands Culture Prophet and Our Western Sky
2. A Very Mariah and Evin Hone Christmas - our newest song and a Kickstarter reward for these two lovely people. The song is about their trips to Edmond, Oklahoma for the holidays and the lyrics play with the idea of finding one’s place in the life - little living puzzle pieces - the Partridge misses its Pear Tree - the sugarplums long for the dance and Oklahoma misses Mariah and Evin Hone! We hope to re-record too for a future album!!! Also recorded by Paul w/ the N’awlins crew (Sam Levine, Eric Rodriguez, Joe Lilly)!
3. Ragtime Manifesto - our first Christmas Song. Was actually titled by a good friend Trey Shiver when the song was in a different form. Don’t know what the title means but I like it. The song is a breakup song but also a redemption song like meeting the one you love after faceplanting the snow when kicked out of a bar - you know stuff like that. Recorded by Asa Leffer in Athens, GA - Clayton Taylor on guitar Ryan Durdin on drums - hells yes.
4. The Anthem is a Gift - co-wrote w/ Clayton Taylor. For a while we were the most proud of this song. I still am. Lyrics were written “across the pond” and reflect missing home during holidays. I spent that Christmas in Korea w/ my girlfriend Gina Asalon who, on Christmas Day 2009, became my fiancee and in 2013 will finally be my wife. Yay for love! Donovan Babb drums - also an ode to South Carolina - best state ever!
5. Stranded in Snowville - We recorded this on the road and mostly at Renee’s parents house in Prince Frederick, MD - features the Nashville crew. We hurried to get this done so we could give it away as part of a contest for a tour we were doing with one of our favorite bands the Rocketboys. We hope to re-record this one too!
6. Stranded in Snowville (Daytrotter) - Part of a live session we did Christmastime 2011. Its just me and Ellen Angelico - both playing piano and Ellen singing harmonies! Different key - different feel :) You can hear the whole session at Daytrotter.com